Top 5 News Stories 12 May
1. As of 11 May, 15 648 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Ukraine. Over the past day, 416 cases of the disease were recorded. In total, 3 288 patients have recovered and 408 have died.
2. The delay in March’s extra payments to medical workers who fight COVID-19 is due to bureaucratic roadblocks, said Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal during a call with President Volodymyr Zelensky.
3. Ukrainian nuclear power plants have reduced energy generation to a historic low. Power generation of Ukrainian nuclear power plants on 10 May fell to the lowest level in history: 7.41 GW, which is 53% of the nuclear power plants’ total capacity (13.84 GW).
4. On 12 May, after two months of a forced break due to quarantine, the Service Centres of the Ministry of the Interior, which carries out registration activities with vehicles, will resume work.
5. Starting today, temperatures in a number of European countries, including Ukraine, are expected to sharply drop. In Ukraine, the air temperature in some places will decrease by 10 to 15C.