- As of 22 May 2020, Ukraine has 20 148 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Of those, 442 were diagnosed in the last 24 hours. Overall, 588 people have died while 6 585 have recovered.
- The @zoo.kyiv.ua is ready to welcome guests starting Saturday, 23rd of May. The first round of reconstruction work has been completed. The operation of the Kyiv Zoo will be in compliance with all healthcare norms and regulations. Visitors must wear a mask. At the entrance, visitors will undergo temperature screenings. kyivcity.gov.ua/news/vitaliy_klichko_pokazav_yak_viglyadaye_kivskiy_zoopark_pislya_rekonstruktsi_persho_chergi_ta_anonsuvav_yogo_vidkrittya/
- During an online briefing, Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko said that he appealed to the government with a request to let Kyiv start the second phase of easing quarantine-related restrictions. He emphasised, “In particular: to restore the operation of ground-based public transport and trade facilities of 1 000 square metres from 23 May, without opening the children’s and sports grounds. The metro should be opened, as planned, on 25 May, since there is a transport collapse in the city.”
- Six Ukrainian universities were included into the list of top global universities according to the QS World University Rankings 2020.
- The National Bank of Ukraine said that the number of transactions with payment cards issued by local banks increased by 24.5% (1 385 billion) in January to March 2020, while the volume of these transactions grew by 15.6% to 920.5 billion UAH.