Rooftops in Kyiv are the city’s best kept secret. Stunning views, romantic music, or perhaps even a film screening make rooftops the ideal location for the perfect date. Not sure where to go? What’s On has some options for you to choose from.
- Motherland monument – a favourite among visitors to Kyiv, this historical site solemnly rises above the skyline. Clearly visible from the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra and overlooking the Dniper, this excursion is not for the faint of heart. For 300 hryvnias, you can climb the shield of the Monument, which is about 100 m high. All tours are accompanied by an instructor and do not take place during inclement weather.
If that sounds a bit extreme, or if you have a fear of heights there’s a lower observations desk. For 50 UAH you can visit it with a guided tour.
Address: Lavrska 24
- Rooftop of the hotel “Cooperator”– You can get a stunning view of the roof of the hotel “Cooperator”. It’s a fantastic way to explore the city and there is no entry fee. The hotel itself is not high, but the view is still impressive.
Address: Saksaganskoho 53/80
- Bell tower in the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra– Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra is the pearl of the Orthodox faith. Pilgrims from all over the world come here. A home of cultural activities, the Lavra has regular exhibitions and interesting museums. A visit to the Lavra must include a walk up the bell tower. For an extra 40 UAH (which is not included in the entrance fee) you can climb the 200 steps to the observation deck for stunning views of the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra itself, as well as the rest of Kyiv. Please keep in mind that this is a functional place of worship and respectful attire in required.
Address: Lavrska 21
- Richard’s Castle. This place is definitely worth visiting for all lovers of mysticism and urban legends! Not only does it offer stunning views of one of the most beautiful streets in Kyiv, Andrievsky Uzviz, but Richard’s castle is also well described in modern Ukrainian literature. For example, it is the main feature in “Kyiv Witches”, one of the novels by the famous writer Lada Luzina .
Address: Andriivsky descent 15
- Roof on Leskov. The roof in house number 4 is not only suitable for romantic meetings, but also for gatherings with friends. Since it has a bar and kitchen, you will not only get the chance to enjoy the beauty of evening Kyiv, but also to have a snack, a drink, or even dinner.
Address: Leskova 4