5 Top News Stories 1 May
1. As of 30 April 2020, Ukraine has 10 406 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Of those, 540 were diagnosed in the last 24 hours. So far, 261 people have died while 1 238 have recovered.
2. According to the latest update on @atlasweekend’s official website, the festival is postponed until 2021. The message says, “In connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, we cannot endanger our guests, the festival team, and our artists by having it this summer. New Atlas Weekend dates are 6-11 July 2021. Tickets that were purchased for this year’s festival are valid for AW 2021.” atlasweekend.com/en/covid-19
3. The Security Service of Ukraine has prevented an attempt of the pro-Russian movement to organise provocations in Odesa on 2 May. The plan was to distribute flyers with calls for the creation of the so-called “Novorossia Republic” and overthrowing the Ukrainian government.
4. During a conference call with Polish President Andrzej Duda, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said, “Your proposal to create a European medical safety mechanism is in line with our idea of an international mechanism to overcome the consequences of coronavirus.” He thanked the Polish government for medical equipment as well as for financial support from the EU.
5. According to the latest update from the @pressjfo.news, “The Russian Federation’s armed groups violated the ceasefire 15 times on 29 April. One Ukrainian soldier was wounded.”