It’s that time of year again, time to indulge in all things warm and cozy, including hearty soups and casseroles. Did you know that pumpkin has much more beta-carotene and vitamin A than carrots? And pumpkin is rich in calcium, pectin, vitamins C, E, D, PP and group B? It’s the perfect Autumn soup and we have a great recipe to help you get all the vitamins and nutrients needed before the long winter sets in.
This delicate pumpkin and white mushroom puree soup is an ideal dish that can be prepared quickly and easily.
- 200 g of pumpkin
- 200 g of white mushrooms (champignons)
- 2 potatoes
- 1 tomato
- parsley root,
- 1 bulb,
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 5 glasses of water
- salt, pepper and other spices to taste
- Mushrooms and onions should be cut into small pieces, grind parsley root -in a blender or by hand. Mix everything and fry in vegetable oil (either sunflower and olive oil).
- Cut potatoes and pumpkin into cubes and boil in water for 10 minutes.
- Add fried vegetables, chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and other spices to taste and cook over low heat.
- Grind the cooked soup in a blender. Before serving add the greens for flavor and taste. You can also add crackers to the soup or eat it with croutons.