1. The Chief State Sanitary Doctor of Ukraine Viktor Lyashko approved recommendations for businesses, like beauty salons and dental offices, to follow anti-epidemic measures as quarantine restrictions are eased. unian.ua/health/country/poslablennya-karantinu-moz-zatverdiv-rekomendaciji-shchodo-roboti-perukaren-ta-kafe-novini-ukrajini-10991312.html
2. As of 10 May, 15 232 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Ukraine. Over the past day, 522 cases of the disease were recorded. In total, 3 060 patients have recovered and 391 have died.
3. The ministry of foreign affairs of Ukraine says that off the coast of Equatorial Guinea, pirates attacked a ship and abducted a Ukrainian crew member. According to Serhii Pohoreltsev, the director of the department of consular services of the ministry, information was received that a pirate attack on the ship RIO MITONG was carried out.
4. On 9 May, the armed forces of the Russian Federation in the Donbas violated the ceasefire 17 times. According to Ukraine’s Joint Forces Operations, the enemy fired at positions of the Ukrainian Armed Forces from 120-mm and 82-mm caliber mortars prohibited by the Minsk agreements.
5. German authorities filed a series of requests regarding Ukrainian workers, said Andriy Melnyk, the Ambassador of Ukraine to Germany, @radiosvoboda reports. According to Melnyk, a direct dialogue is ongoing regarding the needs that the German side has. “And over the past years, tens of thousands of Ukrainians … They came to Germany during the harvest”, the diplomat said. “We have a number of official requests from the German government.”