Top 5 News Stories 24 May
- As of 23 May 2020, Ukraine has 20 580 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Of those, 432 were diagnosed in the last 24 hours. In total, 605 people have died while 6 929 have recovered.
- The Kyiv metro will resume its operation in regular mode starting Monday, the 25th of May. Passengers must follow several regulations. Only passengers with masks will be allowed to use public transport. Passengers must keep a distance of 1.5 metres apart in queues to cash desks, to self-service terminals, and on the metro platforms.
- Hexagon Agency launched a new project called Replace (replace.city). Its aim is to reconsider the functions of abandoned buildings and architectural monuments as well as to gain insight into the needs of city dwellers. To find out more about the given location, scan a QR code from the poster. A number of posters have already been placed at some of the iconic Kyiv locations (for example, Zhytniy Market).
- The Hungarian low-cost airline Wizz Air has prolonged the suspension of all of its flights to and from Ukraine until at least 15 June due to the extension of the quarantine in Ukraine. rbc.ua/ukr/news/wizz-air-otlozhil-polety-ukrainy-15-iyunya-1590220698.html
- According to an update from the Ukrainian Joint Forces Operation Headquarters, the Russian Federation’s armed groups violated the ceasefire 12 times. One Ukrainian soldier was wounded.