1. On Sunday 28 June, there will be a thunderstorm in Kyiv. In fact, Ukraine will be covered by thunderstorms, hail, and super squalls. It is reported that hail and gusts of 15-20 m/s winds will be felt in some areas.
2. There have been 948 new cases of COVID-19 registered in Ukraine. According to the Ministry of Health, today in Ukraine there are 42 065 laboratory-confirmed cases of COVID-19, and 4 866 cases in Kyiv. A total of 631 966 polymerase chain reaction tests have been done to date.
3. Activists picketed near the President’s Office in Kyiv with the slogan “The right to live without pain”, demanding the legalisation of medical marijuana. There are about 2 million patients in Ukraine for whom cannabis-based drugs could alleviate suffering.
4. It’s been announced legends of punk-rock – The Offspring will perform at Kyiv festival Upark, which was postponed to 2021 due to COVID-19 to 2021. According to the event’s Facebook page, the musicians will appear on stage on 10 July 2021.
5. President Zelensky has presented Ukrainian music artist Potap with the People’s Artist award, while Irina Bilyk and Masha Efrosinina have received similar orders. On the occasion of Constitution Day, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky presented state awards of Ukraine to a number of singers, scientists, military and cultural figures, and others. The Order of Merit in the III Degree was awarded to Maria Efrosinina. Singer Irina Bilyk and Tina Karol received the Order of Princess Olga inthe III degree.