1. On 2 May 2020, 550 new cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Ukraine from over the past 24 hours. This brings the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 11 411, the @Міністерство охорони здоров’я України reports. Of all cases, 1 498 people have recovered, and 279 people have died. In total, 2 250 doctors and 771 children have fallen ill with COVID-19. In Kyiv, 1 494 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed.
2. U.S. President Donald Trump has announced Keith W. Dayton of Washington as his nominee to be U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine, @The White House reports. Keith W. Dayton currently serves as the Director of the George C. Marshall Center in Garmisch, Germany, a position he has held since 2010. He also serves concurrently as Senior United States Defense Advisor to Ukraine. His current service follows a four-decade career in the United States Army, retiring in 2010 with the rank of Lieutenant General.
3. The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has approved $150 million USD in Additional Financing for the Social Safety Nets Modernization Project, to enhance and improve social assistance for low-income families in Ukraine, @World Bank Ukraine reports. Of this additional financing, $50 million USD will be used as part of Ukraine’s emergency response to the COVID-19 pandemic. worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2020/04/30/world-bank-steps-up-support-to-ukraine-to-help-protect-poorest-most-vulnerable
4. Subways in Ukraine will be the last of all transport modes to re-open, said Kyrylo Tymoshenko, Deputy Head of the Ukrainian President’s Office, in an interview to @LIGA.net liga.net/politics/interview/timoshenko-prezident-vstrechal-mriyu-a-epitsentr-mojet-prodavat-maski—u-nas-ne-sssr
5. Kyiv authorities, jointly with the Entrepreneurship Development Fund, are launching a program to support small- and medium-sized businesses during the COVID-19 quarantine, @Київська міська державна адміністрація – КМДА reports. The city budget will allocate 7 million UAH to finance the program. Thanks to these funds, a loan interest rate for the borrower will eventually amount to 6.5%. kyivcity.gov.ua/news/u_kiyevi_zapuskayut_programu_pidtrimki_malogo_ta_serednogo_biznesu_spilno_z_fondom_rozvitku_pidpriyemnitstva