1. As of 29 April 2020, Ukraine has 9 866 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Of those, 250 people have died while 1 103 have recovered.
2. The National Bank of Ukraine is introducing a new 10-hryvnia coin. It is going to be issued into circulation on 3 June 2020. The 10-hryvnia coin release is the final stage in the process of optimizing and updating the hryvnia banknote and coin series.
3. On 1 July 2020, the Hungarian low-cost airline @wizzair plans to open a new base at the Lviv International Airport. The airline said, “It will become the second airline’s base in Ukraine. In addition, Wizz Air announces the opening of seven new routes to Billund (Denmark), Tallinn (Estonia), Lisbon (Portugal), Hamburg (Germany), Szczecin (Poland) from Lviv, and also from Kharkiv to Tallinn and Berlin (Germany).”
4. According to the Consolidated Financial Statement for 2019 of JSC Ukrainian Railways, the company’s revenue “increased in comparison with the previous period by 8.4% to 90.4 billion UAH. The largest share (91%) in the structure of revenues is cargo and passenger transportation, which in 2019 amounted to 82.4 billion UAH.”
5. The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine has supported the criteria allowing food markets to reopen.