Top 5 News Stories 22 May
- As of 22.00 on 21 May, there have been 19 706 confirmed cases of COVID-19, which is up 476 cases since the day before, with 12 900 currently active cases. To date, 6 227people have recovered and 579 people have died.
- As a special gift on International Vyshyvanka Day, President Zelensky gifted world leaders, including Donald Trump, Emmanuel Macron, and Justin Trudeau, with one of the brightest of symbols from Ukraine — their very own embroidered shirt!
- Starting 1 June, kindergartens and daycares, education facilities for graduates, and even gyms will open in Kyiv. Included are recreational areas and beaches, as well as all public transport (as reported yesterday) by the beginning of the month.
- President Zelensky signed the “Anti-Kolomoisky” law. The adoption of the law was a condition of the International Monetary Fund for concluding a new agreement with Ukraine, which prohibits the return of nationalised banks to their former owners — in particular, PrivatBank to oligarch Ihor Kolimoisky.
- In Odesa, a residential building collapsed on the evening of 21 May, and people are being evacuated, said the press service of the National Police of Odesa region. So far, no one has been found injured.