Best Parks To Visit In Autumn
There’s nothing quite like Autumn in Kyiv. Nature paints the city yellow, orange and red, making it impossible to resist it’s beauty. The best way to enjoy it is a walk in a local park. What’s On has prepared a list of the most beautiful parks to visit. But Remember: quarantine restrictions warn us to avoid large crowds of people, so don’t forget to wear a mask.
Every Kyiv neighborhood usually has a large park with plenty of trees, flowers, fountains, sculptures, benches and gazebos. There are 122 parks and more than 400 public gardens in the city. It`s therefore not surprising that Kyiv is considered one of the greenest cities in Europe. It may be explained by the fact that the territory was once covered with a rich forest. Either way, there are plenty of opportunities for fresh air.
This list contains the parks’ location and the most interesting places nearby.
- Mariinskyi Park (Pecherskyi district) Mariinskyi Palace
- Holosiivskyi Park (Holosiivskyi district) Holosiivskyi Forest
- Feofaniya Park (Holosiivskyi district) St. Panteleimon’s Cathedral
- Pushcha-Vodytsia Park (Obolon district) Gorashchiha lake
- Kioto Park (Desnianskyi district) Sakura alley
- Nyvky Park (Shevchenkivskyi district) rides and a museum of circus art
- Volodymyrska Hill Park (Shevchenkivskyi district) Saint Volodymyr Monument
- Peremoha Park (Dniprovskyi district) Ferris wheel
- Khreshchatyk Park (Shevchenkivskyi district) Glass Bridge
- Shevchenko Park (Shevchenkivskyi district) Taras Shevchenko University
And last but not least, it’s the perfect time for a trip to the botanical gardens. Are any of these places near you? It’s time to get googling and get outside.